What I learned from reading Inside Steve's Brian by Leander Kahney.
Come see a live show with me and Patrick O'Shaughnessy from Invest Like The Best on October 19th in New York City.
-ask me questions directly
-listen to Ask Me Anything (AMA) episodes
-listen to every bonus episode
1. It takes a passionate commitment to really thoroughly understand something, chew it up, not just quickly swallow it. Most people don't take the time to do that.
2. He remade Apple in his own image. Apple is Steve Jobs with ten thousand lives.
3. I'm looking for a fixer-upper with a solid foundation. Am willing to tear down walls, build bridges, and light fires. I have great experience, lots of energy, a bit of that 'vision thing' and I'm not afraid to start from the beginning.
4. Good storytelling lasts for decades. I don't think you'll be able to boot up any computer today in 20 years. But Snow White has sold 28 million copies, and it's a 60-year-old production.
5. Jobs has said the starting point is the user experience.
6. In everything I've done it really pays to go after the best people in the world.
7. My dream is that every person in the world will have their own Apple computer. To do that, we've got to be a great marketing company.
8. Be a yardstick of quality. Some people aren't used to an environment where excellence is expected.
9. Unless you have a lot of passion about this, you're not going to survive. You're going to give it up. So you've got to have an idea or a problem you're passionate about; otherwise you're not going to have the perseverance to stick it through. I think that's half the battle right there.
10. The older I get, the more I'm convinced that motives make so much difference. Our primary goal here is to make the world's best PCs—not to be the biggest or the richest.
Subscribe to listen to Founders Premium — Subscribers can ask me questions directly which I will answer in Ask Me Anything (AMA) episodes
“I have listened to every episode released and look forward to every episode that comes out. The only criticism I would have is that after each podcast I usually want to buy the book because I am interested so my poor wallet suffers. ” — Gareth
Be like Gareth. Buy a book: All the books featured on Founders Podcast